I was running towards the scent. I knew I was almost there- the scent was so strong I could almost taste it. Sun-roasted acorn. Mmmm.... yum. I heard a screech above me and looked up, frightened, though I did not know why. I giant bird was glaring down at me as he started to dive. His beak and talons glinted in the son. Somehow I knew, he was not my friend.
I started to scamper away, gaining speed until I felt ready to collapse. I saw a small hole beneath a tree root and dove in. I was safe.
I decided to explore this hole I had found. For some time now I had been looking for somewhere to move. Mine was much to far away from everything. As I explored I became aware of a familiar scent. I knew it well. Beairii. I jumped for joy. I had found her at last.
I started to scamper away, gaining speed until I felt ready to collapse. I saw a small hole beneath a tree root and dove in. I was safe.
I decided to explore this hole I had found. For some time now I had been looking for somewhere to move. Mine was much to far away from everything. As I explored I became aware of a familiar scent. I knew it well. Beairii. I jumped for joy. I had found her at last.
No comments:
Post a Comment